Living Construct Subtype (Ex): Warforged are constructs with the living construct subtype. A living construct is a created being given sentience and free will through powerful and complex creation enchantments. Warforged are living constructs that combine aspects of both constructs and living creatures, as detailed below.
Features: As a living construct, a warforged has the following features.
- A warforged derives its Hit Dice, base attack bonus progression, saving throws and skill points from the class it selects.
Traits: A warforged possesses the following traits.
- Unlike other constructs, a warforged has a Constitution score.
- Unlike other constructs, a warforged does not have low-light vision or darkvision.
- Unlike other constructs, a warforged is not immune to mind-affecting spells and abilities.
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, and energy drain.
- A warforged cannot heal damage naturally.
- Unlike other constructs, warforged are subject to critical hits nonlethal damage, ability drain, and death effects or necromancy effects.
- As living constructs, warforged can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a warforged can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell, for example, and a warforged is vulnerable to disable construct and harm